Friday, February 26, 2010

Fueled by Sweet Potato Fries


You guys, it's been a crazy week!

The computer crashed....not so much! But thanks to our pal Scott, we've got a loaner until we can get the issue resoved, so everyone, send Scott some good chi(~~~~~wheeee~~~~~)






Anyway all the snow is melting and everyone is talking about spring. I have been feeling a little spring-y myself and have been busy making beaded flowers and getting excited about the Muse concert I'm seeing in March. I bought those tickets at the begginging of December, and March seemed like a zillion years away. Now all of a sudden we're booking a room at the Nashville Howard Johnson's and pooling together our gas money.






Another sign that spring is just around the corner is that I'm starting to get restless with my winter foods. Winter is time for sweet 'tatoes, squashes and apples. I eat them constantly. By the the end of winter I start wanting lighter stuff. I go into what I call my transitional foods- lighter soups, pasta with veggies and stuff like that.



There is one way to prepare sweet potatoes that I can eat pretty much any time. I could eat them during a giant snowstorm (and have), or eat them in the sweltering summer (and have). I could eat them in a tree, I could eat them by the sea. I could eat them in a house, I could eat them with a mouse.



Sweet Potato Fries--tada!!



I noticed yesterday that I've eaten them for breakfast every day this week, so I decided that I just had to share the wealth and post my recipe today.



Katty's Sweet Potato Fries
you will need:
1 sweet potato
olive oil
salt
italian seasoning
sage
cumin
lightly crushed fennel seed

Cut the sweet potato into long sticks of desired thickness. I usually cut mine into sixths lengthwise and then turn it and do it again. Then put your potatoes in a big bowl and pour on enough oive oil to coat the fries. Then add big picnhes of salt and herbs and spices. Toss it all with your fingers to coat 'em. (Fries not fingers. But they get pretty coated, too.)
Spread in a single layer on a baking sheet or pizza stone and bake in a 400 deg. oven until the fries are golden, about 15-20 mins.
I like to serve mine with a side of Annie's Naturals Goddess Dressing, but that's only beacuse I think it makes everything taste better. But pick whatever dip rings your bell or eat 'em naked...I won't judge.























































No comments:

Post a Comment