Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Simplify!!

Yeah....you probably know this look. I live in an iiiiiity-bitty apartment, with roughly the square footage of a large pocket handkerchief. My husband, Bill and I are not exactly what you would call "tidy". We both have a lot of hobbies and interests. Both of us are artistically and musically inclined. If anyone is out there besides my sisters, (hi guys!) you've probably done the math by now.

Teeny space+naturallyuntidy+lots of hobbies+ 5 cats (oh, yeah.)= CLUTTER

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing crazy happening, just lots and lots of clutter. So, I did what I had to do. I said.....THE WORD. The word my poor husband had been dreading.....SIMPLIFY. About a month ago, I said the word, and I meant it. I started bringing home boxes, filling them with things, and taking them to Goodwill.

"Simplify!" has been my motto this last month. It has been my weapon, defeating such tactics as "We might need that" and "I was going to fix that sometime". (My sweet, patient hubby- heaven love him!)

I like to embrace the simple things in life and I believe in simplicity, but good gravy I'm a hard core clutterbug. But as my New Year's resolution, I state here and now: I repent of my clutterbugliness, as seen by the five boxes I have already taken to Goodwill. There will be more where that came from, folks! I think the process will be hilarious...and fun to watch, so I have decided to share it all with you (even if it really is just my sisters)....in addition to our process there will be lots of fun to be had on my lovely blog! Lots of art, crafts, recipies and a big general slice of
the life of a Katterbiller!


No comments:

Post a Comment